Finally there is proof that God exists. The proof has come in the guise of a product named Balsamiq. Balsamiq allows you to create mock GUI when specifying an application. Rather than having graphics that look like real forms etc it uses a pencil drawing lookalike approach.
Here is my reasoning.
- It does nothing you can’t do for free in the IDE you undoubtedly already have.
- The result looks far worse than a mock up you can create in your IDE.
- Once you have the mock up you can’t do anything useful with it except export it as an image or print it. You can’t, for example, actually use that for a real form later in the project’s life cycle.
- The result looks crap. Not poor, crap! It looks like a 7 year old has drawn it with a wax crayon….a blunt one.
- Balsamiq brought in revenue of over 100,000 US Dollars in its first 5 months.
Now the way I see it is this. Lots of people are sending money to a guy to buy software that does something they can already do much better for nothing. The only possible conclusion I can reach is that the developer must have sold his soul to the devil. Taking into account that we now have conclusive proof that Satan exists it is logical to conclude therefore that it is an absolute certainty that God also exists.
I rest my case.